Daily Bulletin Thursday, April 19, 2018 Day 1
- The student parking lot is full so there are no longer any passes available.
- Senior High exam schedule is posted in the classrooms and on the website.
- Any students consuming sunflower seeds on school property or in the school will be given janitorial duties.
- ONLY students staying after school for extracurricular activities are to be in the school after hours
- Reminder to students who are driving and have a parking pass: The staff parking lot is not for you. It is not a pickup or drop off zone. If you are dropping or picking your friends up please do it in the student parking lot. The staff parking lot and drop off zone is for staff, parents, and visitors. All vehicles must have parking passes displayed!!!
- Students please do not park in the first row in the lot - it is for visitors and staff only.
- Art Club is on Wednesdays after school till 5. This is a drop-in club and all are welcome.
- Spring Running Club meet in front foyer after school - it looks like the weather will cooperate for an outside run. Today’s distances are 3km and 6km. Forms for the mad Dash due TODAY to get student rate, after that it is $55!!
- GR 12’s - Joe Saumer Memorial Scholarship applications are DUE APRIL 30th. See Mrs. Anderson for details.
CALM Students/ Student PRESENTATIONS –
- April 23 - Webs of Support, Block 1
- May 16 - Peter Banks
EURO TRIP -
- There will be popcorn sold every Friday at lunch to help support the 2019 Europe trip. It will be sold in the main foyer for $1 a bag. Please help support the Europe trip!
- For those going on the 2019 Europe trip: There will be a sign up sheet on the bulletin board by Mr. Missfeldt’s room to sell popcorn on Fridays. Sign up to earn credit towards your trip! 2 people per shift.
- A new updated Grad list (April 18) is posted in the office. Some grade 12s have been moved to a probationary list - requirements for grad MUST be completed by May 30, 2018 in order to take part in the school’s graduation ceremony at the end of June
- The following Grade 12 students need to see Mrs. Noyes as soon as possible!
- Reece Hansen Zack Nichol William Dzawala
- Jocelyn Arndt Amanda Janke Logan Wall
- Geordy Leshenko Amber Cardinal Dayce Tonsi
- Addison Forbes Carson Neely
- Congratulations Drew Fitzgerald! She has been chosen to be the valedictorian for the Grad 2018 class.
- Rock the Diploma - diploma prep course information is available from your Diploma course teachers and the counselling office.
- The sponsorship letters are in the office. Please see Ms. Lind for further details.
- Please check the Grad Breakout Rook for fundraiser info.
- Thursday - Ukrainian Platter with water bottle $8.50
- Friday- 2 Piece Fish and Chips with coleslaw and juice $8.50
- Weekly Special - Beef Donair $6.00
- Coffee Special - London Fog Tea
- Soup Special - Chicken Tortilla $3.00
- Smoothie- Very Berry $4.00
LEARNING COMMONS CAFE-
- It is now open upstairs during lunch break.
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS-
- Red Deer College - is offering a number of summer camps in Film, GameDesign and Animation, Artstrek, and MusiCamp. Go to RDC.AB.CA/SUMMERCAMPS to learn more. These are very popular - apply early!
POST-SECONDARY, SCHOLARSHIPS & COUNSELLING INFO –
- HEALTH CARE AIDE PROGRAM INFORMATION - is now available in the counselling office.
- University of Alberta -Grade 12s -if you are attending the U of A in the fall you are STRONGLY encouraged to take part in one of their registration workshops. Go to ca/reg101 to register for a session.
- Rural Student Discovery Day will be held May 11. Register at ca/rdd These are great opportunities!!
- NAIT PREVIEW NIGHTS - BRING YOUR PARENTS! Students should go on the attached website and register for these informative sessions:
- The School of Skilled Trades Program Preview
- April 21, 20818
- Attention any and all graduating High School students. The Royal Canadian Legion has bursaries available for students graduating from Canadian high schools. The bursaries are available at both the Provincial and Local Branch level. Visit the counselling office to get the website address or more information.
- The Alberta Beach Agriculture Society is offering a $2000 scholarship for a student entering in to a minimum 2 year post-secondary program. More information is in the counselling office. Deadline for applications is May 31st!
- The School of Skilled Trades Program Preview
- We meet every second week on Tuesday in the library after school. If you're interested in joining before our next season starts, come to the next meeting or talk to Mr. Van Camp!
STUDENT COUNCIL -
- Next meeting is April 24th.
Summer Camps –
- Call to Duty Youth Camp - students interested in Emergency Response, Police, Fire fighting should apply. The camp takes place July 3-5 in Stony Plain and is free to students in grades 8 -12. See Constable Javer or one of the counsellors for an application and more information. Deadline to apply is May 14, 2018
WORK EX –
- Wx time sheets for the month of March are now due. Please give to Mr. Huxley in room 225.
- Students will be using the pavement surrounding the school for running club Mondays and Wednesdays. We will use the lane right in front of the school - please use caution when leaving work and if possible back out and use the lane closest to the outside track to depart.