Daily Bulletin Friday, September 21, 2018 Day 2
- Teachers: Please remind your students that if they are staying after school for sports or for clubs the MUST give a note to the bus driver.
- Students - please review the dress code for our school. No bellies, no bare backs - this means racer-style tanks are not school appropriate, nor are tie at the belly shirts. If your shoulder blades or belly button can be seen - you are not following dress code and may be given a t shirt to wear.
- Green Certificate Students: Gabe, Desiray, Joey, see Ms. Dundas to pick up some testing information.
- High school students - you have 2 days left to get your permission forms in for the Career Expo field trip to Whitecourt next Friday Sept 28. Last day to have your form in is Monday!! See Ms. Dundas for permission forms TODAY!!
- All students: Return ALL your texts and books to the library from last year.Get a list from Mrs. Pederson if you need to know what you owe. We are short several texts because they have not been turned in.
- Parking passes are available in the office.
- Any high school students who are interested in completing Agriculture 3000 - there is a one-day workshop being held in Sherwood Park Oct 17th. See Ms. Dundas for details.
- Congratulations to Jordyn Muir, the 2018 GCAA Jr Girls Golf Champion!
- Sr Volleyball teams start their first tournaments of the season today. The Boys are off to Drayton Valley this afternoon while JV and SR Girls are hosting an 8 team tournament here in Onoway. The Sr girls play first at 2:15 with the JV girls immediately after. Come cheer on our girls on as they show why Onoway is such a powerhouse in girls’ volleyball. Go Mustangs!
- Jr High Volleyball Players - mandatory parent meeting for a parent of all Jr volleyball players this coming Monday Sept 24th at 7:00. Someone in your family NEEDS to attend as, we need to have the fee payment or arrangements made prior to uniforms being given out.(full payment/down payment or arrangements confirmed)
- Jr High Coed Flag Football - thanks for everyone who turned out to make tryouts a huge success. Team Rosters have been posted outside the gym. Practice schedule is as follows:
- September: Mon. 24th , Wed 26th and Monday Oct 1st . All practices are 3:45-5:45.
- Cross Country Running - For questions please see Mrs. McNalley.
- Honour Band - Concert Master applications are due Friday Sept 21st.
- U of A Presentation Blocks 2 and 3 - Tuesday Oct. 9th - see Ms. Dundas to sign up!!
- UNIT 1 Due Friday, Sept. 21
CAFE CORNER –
- Friday - Regular Menu
- Weekly Special- Beef Donair $6.00
- Soup Special- Wicked Thai Soup $3.50
- Pumpkin Chai Latte - $3.00 or Pumpkin Chai Tea - $3.00
COUNCILLOR’S NOTES –
- GRADE 12s - Each of you has been scheduled for a meeting with one of the counsellors to double check your credits and to discuss your post - high school plans. Interviews start Tuesday Sept. 25!. CHECK YOUR TIME AND SHOW UP FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT! IF YOU CANNOT MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT - SEE THE COUNSELLORS TO RESCHEDULE.
- Tutors needed - If you are a strong Math student in Math 20-1 or 30-1 or 30-2 and are interested in tutoring - please see Ms. Dundas. You receive payment and it looks great on a resume!
- Grad parent meeting is Wednesday Sept 26th @7pm. Elections of Grad 2019 Parent Executive take place at this meeting. Parents from last yr’s executive will be in attendance to do the switch over!!
LEARNING COMMONS CAFE –
- CAFE upstairs is now open.
- Hours of Operation: Lunch time -Monday to Friday.
- Menu: Assorted fresh daily wraps, hot chocolate, mocha coffee, assorted snacks and drinks.
- See Mr. Huxley for information.
POST SECONDARY INFORMATION –
- All the post-secondary schools are currently holding Open Houses. High School students should plan to attend these! See one of the counsellors for more information.
- , Oct 13th - King’s College Open House& King’s View Friday - Oct 26th - spend a day on campus and see what it is like!
- , Oct 20th - University of Alberta Open House - more info at: uab.ca/openhouse
- Information of studying abroad is available in the counselling office.Sat Oct 20 Study and Go Abroad Expo is being held in Calgary
ROBOTICS CLUB –
- Please see Mr. VanCamp for info.
STUDENT COUNCIL 2018/19 –
- For more information see Mr. Lobo
- Encounters with Canada If you are a student in grades 10 or 11 who tries your best in class and is interested in learning more about Canada - consider applying to attend Encounters with Canada - a one-week trip to Ottawa. During that week you will focus on an area of interest (examples: RCMP, Government, Economy, Medicine), meet students from across Canada and learn more about our nation’s capital. Visit https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en to learn more about this great opportunity and see Mrs. Noyes if you are interested in applying.
- All Northern Gateway Students are required to pay a yearly $30 technology fee . It is added to any other fee charged to the School Cash Accounting System Payment can be made online or in the office.
- Before you can begin Work Experience the following must be completed:
- Paper work signed and returned (see Mr. Huxley for forms, Rm. 225)
Go ahead, work hard and never be afraid to try something. Even if you don't make it, at least you can say you tried.