Daily Bulletin – Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - Day 2
- The following ELA 10-1 students need to report to room 211 right at the noon bell today if they would like more time to work on yesterday's assignment or to complete a missing reading or vocabulary quiz: Kendall, Reagan, Sara, Megan, Dale, Jacquie, Josh, Koryn.
- Please note that the student parking lot needs to be empty on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday by 4:00pm. If you are staying after school these days for any reason you will need to move your car to the bus loop.
- New student council reps 17/18
- Congratulations to 3 gr 8 students who have been acclaimed to student council.The 3 are Annaca Berry, Matgan Peck, Donavin Wagner. Even though there were only 2 gr 8 positions , since there were no gr 9 nominations for the 2 vacant gr 9 reps, the 3 interested gr 8 students were given an opportunity to join the council as jr high reps . Welcome!!!
- Common areas downstairs in front of gym and in halls are noticeably dirty - please throw your garbage away in one of the many garbage cans provided and keep your feet and garbage off the furnishings. Furnishings. Have. Been. Removed.
- Photo retakes will be on Friday, October 20th
- Parking passes can be picked up in the office. All vehicles must have parking passes displayed!!!
ART CLUB –
- Art Club has been cancelled for the next three weeks. (10/27)
Athletics & P.E.–
- Congratulations to our Sr Volleyball teams on a strong showing at Hilltop last night. The JV girls nearly stole a set from the host Chargers, the Sr Boys had a thrilling 3 set victory and the Sr girls also won their match and remain unbeaten in league play so far this year.
- Our Jr Mustangs host the St Jo’s Saints here at 4:30 today. The boys play first followed by the girls. Go Mustangs!
- Attention Jr. Boys, you are getting pictures today. Be here
- Reminder to all grade 8 and 9’s that peer teaching lesson sign up forms are due Friday.
- Gabriel Rideout, Sarah Bowman, Seth Leske, Ashtyn Pawluk, Emily Rose you have O.R. in the bandroom today at lunch.
- Leadership meeting Wednesday October 18th. All Honour Band leaders need to be there.
- HB Sectionals: Percussion rehearsal after school today. We will be done at 4:45pm.
- Jesse A & Ashley D please come in at lunch on Friday Oct 20th to complete your missing quiz.
- Rebecca Francis report to the band room at lunch on Thursday.
CALM Students –
- Check your ngps.ca email account for emails about the course.
- Submit Minor Assignments to Mrs. Wallace either by giving her your paper copy or emailing electronic copy to her. Upload your Major Assignment into the online course.
- REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR 4 presentations. Some students have not yet attended presentations. There are only a few left to be presented. This is worth 25% of your CALM course; see course outline
- .Oct. 19 - Seven Step Society - Life Choices and Consequences - Speaker is Peter Banks
- Oct. 24 Lasalle College - formerly Art Institute of Vancouver
- 30 Block 1 - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- 1 Education Expo - OJSH
- THE FOLLOWING CALM STUDENTS ARE SIGNED UP TO ATTEND A SESSION THURSDAY OCT. 19. Students should report to Room 164 at the start of their assigned block.
Colter Suter Bailey MacDougall Michelle Lavallee
Josh Lalande Zack Milliken Austin Wilson
Chance Jasper Geraldine D’Or Reanna Sawatsky
Bailey Bartel Jaylene Madge Wyatt Boser
Kyle Rinas Clayton Wiebe Taylor Rozak
Nixon Vos Cayde Little Dahlia Bownes
Megan Kirwin Sydney Fitzgerald
- There will be a grad committee sign up sheet in the office on the bulletin board. Come sign up if you want to be a part of the Student Grad Committee.
Tuesday - Shepherd's Pie and Coleslaw and Juice $6.00
Wednesday - Popcorn chicken Bowl $5.00
Thursday - Chicken Linguini and Garlic Toast and Juice $6.00
Friday- 2 Piece Fish and Chips with Coleslaw and Juice $6.00
Weekly Special - Taco In A Bag $5.00
Specialty coffee - Cinnamon Dolce Latte $2.50
Soup Special - Beef Vegetable or Potato and Bacon $3.50
Smoothie - Very Berry Smoothie $4.00
All specials are served with sliced vegetables.
- Galliford is looking for Work Ex students during block 2, lunch and block 3. If you are interested please talk to Mr. Galliford.
LEARNING COMMONS CAFE-
- It is now open upstairs.
POST-SECONDARY, SCHOLARSHIPS & COUNSELLING INFO -
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRAIN AS AN RCMP OFFICER FOR A WEEK? You can take part in the The 2018 RCMP Youth Academy! You must be in grades 10-12 and be interested in policing as a potential career. You will take part in a 7-day overnight camp that recreates RCMP Training “Depot”. You can also earn 5 work experience credits! For more information speak to Constable Javer, or past trainees - Destiny Markwart-Toews and Garrett Borrowman. Applications are available on the website or from the counselling office.Deadline to apply is Nov. 3. https://stalbert.ca/city/eps/rcmp/rcmp-youth-academy/
- Thinking of what you will do after high school? Attend an Open House!! The counsellors have more info or go to the school’s website:
- Lakeland College Oct 20 and 21
- Red Deer College Sat Nov 4
- Olds College Fri. Oct 20
- MacEwan University - Sat Nov 4
- Encounters with Canada is a unique opportunity for students in grades 10 or 11 to meet other young people from across the country. Spend an adventure-filled week paid for in Ottawa! Check out future career options while discovering your country. All interested students please see Ms Dundas or Mrs Noyes.
- Attention all Grade 12 students!! The Loran Scholarship Foundation is now taking applications for their wide array of available scholarships. The scholarships range from a one-time award of $2000 to the top scholarship of $100 000 paid over 4 years. The deadline for school sponsored applications is October 18 and October 25 for direct applicants. The application is entirely online. Please visit ca or the counselling office for more information.
- AFS Interculture Canada - offers opportunities for students to study in another country. Scholarships are also available. If you are interested - see one of the counsellors.
- High school girls interested in Math and Science - are encouraged to attend the SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) Conference on Sat. Nov. 5 at the U of A. Registration opens Oct 1 and the $50 conference fee includes lunch. You can download info and register at wisest.ualberta.ca. Ask your science teacher about it! (There are subsidies for rural students - check it out!)
ROBOTICS CLUB –
- Any and everyone is welcome! Please see Mr. VanCamp with for more details. Meetings will be Tuesdays after school.
Summer Work Experience Students –
- Bring in your paperwork asap. Contact Ms. Swerda if you have any questions 780-967-5518.
- Please go to the Drama Room after school to pick up your scripts.
- Bonjour! Guten Tag! See Mr. Missfeldt with any questions.
- Is up and running. Talk to Mr. C for more info.
WORK EX –
Would the following students please hand in their time sheets for September. Hayden Borle,Jezrial Blanchard,Reece Hansen,Brock Lapointe, and Lacey Willans . They are past due.
- Yearbooks will be for sale, at lunch in the office, on October 18, 20, 24, and 26. They are $30 each, you can pay by debit or cash. They will also be available online (on the NGPS School Cash Online site) until March 1st. GRADUATES ONLY: You can add your name to your yearbook for only $5.Please see Mrs. Caux for more information.
Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them.