Daily Bulletin Tuesday, February 20, 2018 Day 2
- SweetHeart Dance on Friday Feb 23/18 Tickets on Sale at noon Monday through Friday $5.00 or $10.00 at the door. If you wish to bring a guest from another school, you must register them no later than Thursday Feb 22/18. No outside guests will be permitted at the door.
- Jacob Wallenberg and Darby McGinnis - come pick up your chairs from the wraparound.They have to be picked up by Wednesday.
- Amber Wannamaker - please see Mrs. Villneff at lunch at the office.
- Students who have received invitations to the Webs youth event for March 15th are reminded to RSVP online or with their Card to Ms. Lind by Wed. Feb 21st - please put your name AND the Anchor’s name on it!. If you will not be accepting your invite, please let us know asap so we can extend to another student. Thank you.
- New bible study group meeting Wednesday’s at lunch in Mr. Huxley’s room. Open to all.
- High School students: Please return these first Semester texts that you took out in September: Social 30-2 “UNDERSTANDINGS OF IDEOLOGIES”: Jocelyn Arndt (1/2), Clayton Bartel,Garrett Borrowman, Mariah Corbiere, William Dzawala, Skyler Holub, Jared Muters, Cole Neilson, Kaden Sauer, Carter Zingle. Also required are Science 10 texts from Santina Bassanese, Kiara Klassen and Rowyn Mustus
- .ONLY students staying after school for extracurricular activities are to be in the school after hours
- Reminder to students who are driving and have a parking pass: The staff parking lot is not for you. It is not a pickup or drop off zone. If you are dropping or picking your friends up please do it in the student parking lot. The staff parking lot and drop off zone is for staff, parents, and visitors. All vehicles must have parking passes displayed!!!
- Art club is on for Wednesday after school this week.
- Cynthia Alexis, Cole Buyers and Jenna McDougal, please see Mrs. Walker regarding the Rural Symposium Gallery.
- Congrats to the Sr. Girls basketball team on winning the consolation side at the tournament in Mayerthorpe this past weekend. The Mustangs had victories over Mayerthorpe 54-52 and Hilltop 47-42.
- Both Sr. teams are at home today (Tuesday, Feb. 20th ) for games against Fox Creek. Come cheer them on. Games start at 4:30. Go Mustangs!
- Honour Band Sectionals: Clarinets on Wednesday Feb 21
- Honour Band Solo Auditions - Tuesday Feb 20th at noon in the bandroom. Auditions are for Claire’s piece.
- HB: Woodwind rehearsal Tuesday Feb 20th.
- GR 12’s - Joe Saumer Memorial Scholarship applications are DUE APRIL 30th. See Mrs. Anderson for details.
CALM Students –
- Unit 1 Due: Feb. 27
- The sponsorship letters are in the office. Please see Ms. Lind for further details.
- Yearbooks are available on the NGPS School Cash Online site until March 1st. $30.00. Grads, you can add your name to your yearbook for only $5. Also, please note that the Grad Write Up/Baby Photo submission form has been posted to your Facebook page and around the school. These submissions must be completed by February 1st. THE YEARBOOKS BEING SOLD ARE FOR THE 2017-2018 BOOK. The 2016-2017 book has already been paid for. Please see Mrs. Caux for more information. Link to Google Form for Yearbook submissions: https://goo.gl/forms/k8nbjP97CYz3r6Hi2
- YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO MYPASS!! IF YOU HAVE NOT SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT THIS WILL CREATE PROBLEMS FOR YOU SO SET UP AN ACCOUNT!!. ALL GRADE 12S COMPLETING A 30 LEVEL DIPLOMA COURSE THROUGH ADLC MUST ORDER THEIR DIPLOMA ON MY PASS ASAP IF YOU PLAN TO WRITE YOUR DIPLOMA IN JANUARY. See Ms. Dundas if you have any questions.
- The Grad list is posted in the main office. Make sure you check it and let Ms. Lind know if your name is not spelled correctly. The list will be revised throughout the year. YOU MUST stay in good standing in all of your classes to remain on the list and to take part in the graduation ceremony in June. See Ms. Dundas or Mr. Lobo if you have any concerns.
- Tuesday- BLT Burger $6.00
- Wednesday- Thunder Crunch Chicken Burger $6.00
- Thursday- BBQ Pork Rib Patty $8.50
- Friday-2 pc Fish & Chips w/ coleslaw & bottle of water $8.50
- Weekly- Grilled Cheese & Soup $5.50
- Coffee Special- Cinnamon Dolce Latte $3.00
- Soup Special - Beef Vegetable Soup $3.50
- Smoothie-Tropical Smoothie $4.00
LEARNING COMMONS CAFE-
- It is now open upstairs during lunch break.
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS-
- Red Deer College - is offering a number of summer camps in Film, GameDesign and Animation, Artstrek, and MusiCamp. Go to RDC.AB.CA/SUMMERCAMPS to learn more. These are very popular - apply early!
- “K” Division is once again proud to be participating in the RCMP’s Depot Youth Camp held in Regina, Saskatchewan for August of 2018. Applications are open to students that are 16 – 19 years of age who are currently enrolled in high schools throughout Alberta. There are two Youth Camps The deadline for application forms is March 1, 2018. Once all of the forms are completed and submitted, students will be contacted by a member of the RCMP Recruiting Unit and may also be interviewed. The selection process will be completed by April 30, 2018 and all students will be made aware of their application status at that time. See one of the counsellors or Constable Javer for an application.
- High school students Speaker’s MLA for a Day will be held at the Alberta Legislature May 6 to 8, 2018. MLA for a Day is a youth conference for Alberta high school students who have a keen interest in current events and the legislative process and who would enjoy debating and discussing issues with other students from around the province. One student from each of Alberta’s 87 constituencies will be selected for this program. Students will meet their elected representatives, tour the Legislature, observe Oral Question Period, participate in a variety of group activities and presentations and have the rare opportunity to debate an issue in the Legislative Assembly Chamber. Participants are provided with accommodation and meals and are reimbursed for the cost of transportation. There is no program fee. Apply by March 23rd. See a Social Studies teacher for more information.
- MINISTER’S YOUTH COUNCIL In February 2017, the Minister of Education formed the very first Minister’s Youth Council to give students opportunities to provide valuable input on education initiatives. Applications for next year’s Youth Council are now open and MLA Oneil Carlier encourages all interested Junior and Senior High students to apply for this Council. The council gives students the opportunity to build their leadership skills, make an impact on the education system and leave a legacy that will last well into the future. When students have meaningful opportunities to participate in their own education, it can have a positive impact on their lives, their communities, and the province as a whole. A student from our constituency was chosen to serve on this year’s Youth Council and recommends it as “a great opportunity for students to make an impact on their own education.” MYC meets 3 times per year in Edmonton. Application deadline is: MARCH 30, 2018. See one of the counsellors for application details.
POST-SECONDARY, SCHOLARSHIPS & COUNSELLING INFO –
- Thinking of what you will do after high school? Attend an Open House!! The counsellors have more info or go to the school’s website.
- PORTAGE COLLEGE OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
- Lac La Biche Campus: 9 4-7 PM
- Paul Campus April 11 4-7 PM
- Cold Lake Campus April 12 4-7PM
- Attention any and all graduating High School students. The Royal Canadian Legion has bursaries available for students graduating from Canadian high schools. The bursaries are available at both the Provincial and Local Branch level. Visit the counselling office to get the website address or more information.
- STUDENT FOR A DAY - If you are interested in perhaps attending MacEwan University - consider taking part in the Student for a day program in the Faculty you are considering. You can attend on Friday, March 2. Complete the form at ca/StudentForADay. to register and let one of the counsellors know you are attending.
- MacEwan University Information Sessions: Students wanting to learn more about what MacEwan University has to offer can attend their evening Information Sessions Feb 5-10 and March 12-17. Visit ca/InfoSessions for more information.
- Will start up again Tuesday, Feb 20th.
STUDENT COUNCIL –
- Meeting on Tuesday Feb 20 in the Grad/Student Council Breakout room.
- Please meet in the drama room at noon today with your lunch. It’s time to get some extra practice in.
- 2016-17 yearbooks have arrived. They can be picked up in Mrs. Caux’s room during the breaks.
- Yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year will be available for sale online (on the NGPS School Cash Online site) auntil March 1st. $30.00. Please note that this for the 2017-2018 Yearbook that you get at the beginning of next school year. Please see Mrs. Caux for more information.