Grad 2017 Advisors
Sept 18, 2017
- Class of 2018 eligibility - student handbook -pg8/9
- Northern Gateway Administrative procedures
AP 366 High school graduation ceremonies
By September 30, (2017) the principal shall establish a date
Traditionally the date has been the last operating school day of the year.
Grad 2018 tentatively set as FRIDAY JUNE 29
Commencement -cap and gown - @school at 330pm
Banquet and Dance - @ ARENA ?? at 530 pm
- Potential other dates and the principals rationale
I have seen a marked drop off of academic activity for many students after May long weekend. Unfortunately due to the grad being held at the end of June,the regular drop off in work is compounded by the “excitement “of the year end grad, which increases the drop off in work effort of SOME (MANY) grade 12 students at OJSH
I am proposing that first we have a student/parent and administration meeting on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 @ 7pm
At that time 2 proposals will be discussed.
- Keep grad and banquet on same day that's tentatively scheduled- Friday June 29, 2017
Commencement at OJSH @330pm / Banquet at Arena?? @530
- Propose an EARLIER grad day on a Saturday
Saturday choices would be
2a) Saturday May 26- Commencement at OJSH @230 pm/ Banquet at Arena?? @530
2b) Saturday June 2 - Commencement at OJSH @230 pm/ Banquet at Arena?? @530
People would have the opportunity to have their say on a google form, as well as at the meeting.
EVERY ELIGIBLE GRAD as of the Sept 26 WOULD HAVE 1 VOTE .-
minimum of 60 credits , and enrolled in the 2 required diploma courses (English 30-1/-2 AND Social 30-1/-2 ) In sem 1 OR sem 2
4) Student Grad Committee- elections September 25- next monday at NOON
Nominations open on Thursday September 21 - President / Vice President
The president and vice president will determine the actual makeup of the committee.
5) Grad Parent Committee- TBD