Scholarships & Bursaries
Attention Gr. 12 students! Exciting scholarships & bursaries.
Alberta scholarship and award deadlines and applications:
Scholarships & Awards Deadlines:
It's important for students to leave as much time as possible to complete their scholarship applications. Many scholarships and awards have annual deadlines - and some have fall/winter session deadlines.
Alberta's scholarships and awards are made available either by:
- Student Application- Student must complete and submit application.
- Nomination of Recipients- School/supporting organization must nominate and process application on behalf of the student.
Note: For nominated scholarships and awards, students must inquire about the school’s/sponsoring organization’s posted application deadline. This deadline typically falls months before the nomination deadline which is in place for the school/sponsoring organization to submit their nominations to Student Aid.
The deadlines for submitting completed applications and supporting documents required to apply for Alberta scholarships and awards varies according to each scholarship and award.
- AFS Interculture Canada - offers opportunities for students to study in another country. Scholarships are also available. If you are interested - see one of the counsellors.
- “K” Division is once again proud to be participating in the RCMP’s Depot Youth Camp held in Regina, Saskatchewan for August of 2018. Applications are open to students that are 16 – 19 years of age who are currently enrolled in high schools throughout Alberta. There are two Youth Camps The deadline for application forms is March 1, 2018. Once all of the forms are completed and submitted, students will be contacted by a member of the RCMP Recruiting Unit and may also be interviewed. The selection process will be completed by April 30, 2018 and all students will be made aware of their application status at that time. See one of the counsellors or Constable Javer for an application.
- Portage College is offering a number of Sociology, Psychology and a Health Education Course starting in January for current Grade 12 students. That means you can take a post secondary course online while you are still in high school! The tuition and fees are waived - students only need to cover the application and textbook costs. Grade 12 students who have completed English 20-1 with a minimum 70% and are enrolled in 30-1 or those who have completed English 30-1 with a 60% are eligible to apply. Go to Portagecollege.ca or call 1-866-623-5551 for more info.
Post-Secondary Visits to OJSH
A representative from Portage College will be here on Friday, Feb. 16th in the morning. Grade 11 and 12 students who are unsure of their future career plans are strongly encouraged to attend. Semester 2 CALM students this is your first opportunity to attend a session. See Ms. Dundas to sign up.
POST - SECONDARY INSTITUTIONS
University of Alberta : Online Chat Dates
We invite you to attend our online group chats throughout the year. They are held from 5pm-7pm MST. These chats allow students to sign in from the comfort of their own home and ask real-time questions to University of Alberta advisors.
Our 2017-18 chat dates are:
-February 21, 2018
-May 2, 2018
-July 25, 2018
INFO NIGHT at Norquest College
Thursday, February 15
5:00 - 7:30 pm
Main Downtown Campus
10215 108 Street NW
Visitors will be able to take part in information sessions to hear about program options, and visit the exhibit fair to learn about admission requirements, funding options, upgrading, student services, and more! Guests will also be able to check out the Learner Centre, Indigenous student centre, Interdisciplinary Simulation Centre, Early Learning and Child Care lab, and demos in our Assistive Technology lab.
Information sessions will be held at 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm in these program areas: Health, Business, and Community Studies.
As well, Tim Hortons will be open until 7:30 pm; visitors can stop by and enjoy a free coffee or tea and donut while they attend Info Night!
STUDENT FOR A DAY - If you are interested in perhaps attending MacEwan University - consider taking part in the Student for a day program in the Faculty you are considering. You can attend on either Monday Jan 29 or Friday March 2. Complete the form at MacEwan.ca/StudentForADay. to register and let one of the counsellors know you are attending.
MacEwan University Information Sessions: Students wanting to learn more about what MacEwan University has to offer can attend their evening Information Sessions Feb 5-10 and March 12-17. Visit MacEwan.ca/InfoSessions for more information.